To be awarded to an outstanding tertiary student living at a residential community in Australia for the duration of 2018, who due to financial circumstances, personal hardship or remote/rural location relative to 2018 conference, may find it difficult in fully finance their attendance at the 2018 conference. Qualifying areas include areas outside the CBD of capital, all of Tasmania and Northern Territory. Ideally we would expect the recipient to hold or be looking to hold a position of leadership within their respective residence.
Applicants need to include the following in their application (to be no more than 1 page):
- Explain your personal suitability for the scholarship.
- Explain what you want to get out of the conference and what you hope to take back to your college or hall of residence.
- A reference from your current President or Head of Hall, whichever is most relevant to your current role.
- Level of hardship faced in terms of financing and attending the conference.
- Personal interest in improving the residential community experience nationally.
- Proven commitment to improving the residential community environment, demonstrated through their achievements thus far at their own residence.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Be willing to share your residential community experiences with the NAAUC Alumni if asked upon by the Executive Committee.
- Exhibit behaviours during the conference that exemplify NAAUC’s values.
- Be willing to participate in discussion with Heads of Colleges and other administration delegates in approached by the NAAUC team.