To be awarded to a student living at a residential community in Australia for the duration of 2018 who identifies as an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander. NAAUC prefers that the recipient is holding or be looking to hold a position of leadership within their respective residence.
Applicants need to include the following in their application (to be no more than 1 page):
- Explain your personal suitability for the scholarship.
- Explain what you want to get out of the conference and what you hope to take back to your residential community.
- A reference from your current President or Head of Residence/Dean, whichever is most relevant to your current role.
- Identifies as an Indigenous Australian.
- Personal interest in improving the residential community experience nationally.
- Proven commitment to improving the residential community environment through their achievements thus far at their own residence.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Be willing to share your residential community experiences with the NAAUC Alumni if asked upon by the NAAUC Executive Committee.
- Exhibit behaviours during the conference that exemplify NAAUC’s values.
- Be willing to share their reflections on personal experiences with the NAAUC Executive or at the AGM.
- Be willing to participate in discussion with Heads of Residential Communities and other administrative delegates if approached by the NAAUC team.
- Recipients of a NAAUC scholarship will not be eligible or any other conference discount of subsidy from NAAUC. Please note that the NAAUC conference scholarships do not cover the cost of personal travel arrangements.